Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
Can ATS48 comply the following specification?
i) Radio frequency electromagnetic field: 0.15MHz-80MHz, 140dBuV; 80MHz-IGHz: 10V/m.
ii) Rated short circuit current (with semi-conductor fuses) shall not be over l00kA.
iii) The starter shall operate without malfunction from showering arc tests of 350 to 1500 volt and when subjected to 3000 volt surges at a rate 100 bursts per second for 10 seconds.
iv) The control module shall incorporate a micro-processor with all circuitry required to drive the power semi-conductors located in the power section. .
v) The control shall provide the functions with optional energy saver
The energy saver function shall operate automatically in case the motor is unloaded or lightly, loaded for a long period of time.
The energy saver shall search for an optimum operating point during unloaded or lightly loaded conditions.
The motor voltage shall be reduced to minimise the consumed energy and hence the operating costs.
When the load is increased, the energy saver automatically shall apply an increased voltage to the motor to prevent stalling.
Causes and Fixes
1) Yes. according to IEC60947-4-2 chapter 184.108.40.206.2 and until 2GHz for internal specification and according to IEC61000-4-3 and IEC61000-4-6 for the test method.
2) It's the ICC values and they are in the catalogr user's manual.
3) dielectric test is: increasing a DC value from 0 to 20 sec ( 1500 Vdc ), applicated during 1 minute and decreasing from 20 sec to 0 .
TER ( Rapid Electrical Transients ) : we apply a signal of 2,5 KHz during 15 msec and repeated after 300 msec during a total time of 20 minutes ( common mode, serial mode, capacitive coupling )
4) It's a the control board.
5) The ATS48 work in torque control ant it adapt the current following the load, and, the fact under supplying the engine led to an increase in the slip, therefore with a reduction the speed of the engine which can obstruct the application. the energy saving is very debatable: except with no load (very rare in an industrial application), the consumed active power is equal with and without device of energy saving: there is no energy saving. On the other hand, a Bypass gets really an economy: suppression of the loss in the thyristors. The device does nothing but reduce the reactive power what can be interesting for the customer but it is not energy saving: reactive energy must be compensated on the level of the factory by ad hoc devices.
The device adds harmonics and degrades the harmonic power-factor: more delicate to correct than a dephasing (risk of resonance of the condensers of compensation), and generator of current harmonics increasing the losses in the transformers.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!