Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Don’t miss the latest events, videos, or articles. It’s all in our news bulletin.Sign up now
Schneider Electric Global Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Following selection in the Project setting will reduce time to build application (off line, on line or both).
- General->Management of Build messages: Turn off any warnings you dont need (Off line+ On line)
- General-> PLC diagnostics: turn off application diagnostics, if possible (Off line+ On line)
- General-> Project autosaving on download -> Uncheck: "save STU" (On line)
- General-> Project autosaving on download -> Uncheck: "save XVM" if not needed (On line)
- General-> PLC embedded data -> Check "Optimize data online" change (On line)
- General-> PLC embedded data -> Select: Auto upload - on user request (On line) (1)
- General-> PLC embedded data - Data dictionary-> uncheck if not needed (On line) will reduce the amount of MB being sent by reducing the information on variables. Only use this if you need it for your SCADA system or Vijeo Designer HMI.
If need : Use the HMI Variable only, to reduce the number of variables.
- Use Build change instead of Rebuild All (Off line)
- Incremental build online: Not too big number of changes at a time: when a modification is done on a section, this complete section is rebuilt. So little modification on several sections could cause long time to build. (Off line+ On line)
- When Ethernet Comm. is used in the CPU configuration CPU maximum Unity data exchange by PLC scan: If you change it to 12x1024, build time will speed up but scan will be negatively affected. This may be a good setting to try during the commissioning process, then to be switched back once running in the field. (On line) (2)
On Unity pro V6.0 and V6.1 the respective Hot Fix :
will improve all the performance of Unity Pro, including Build performance.
(1) This option must be active for a running application in a plant. However, it may be not selected for bench tests.
(2) Data Dictionary requires x times 1024 to work. We need this option for SCADA application via NOE.