You need to reduce operational costs by remaining in low voltage range distribution. You also want to provide a high level of security by reducing the stress on the electrical installation. To achieve these goals, you need a compact solution, without MV/LV transformers and reducing safety distances.
As installed power on board increases permanently, electrical distribution can require a shift from low voltage to medium voltage design. The Masterpact UR ultra rapid bus tie allows much higher installed power with a low voltage design by strongly limiting the very high short circuit current and related energy faults.
- An unique solution to meet switchboard performance (thermal and electrodynamic withstand)
- Designed on the basis of a standard Air Circuit Breaker (Masterpact NW)
- Circuit peak current reduction by 30% to 40%
- An unique, patented technical solution allowing fast reclosing after a trip
- A reliable and simple 1 ms opening technology
- A guaranteed, complete solution in terms of Schneider Electric circuit-breaker coordination
Masterpact UR is already installed on board of several dozens of offshore supply vessels and AHTS
Explore more solutions for your marine and shore business