Nothing has a greater impact on the smart grid than weather
Lightning can strike substations, high winds can bring down branches, ice can snap lines, and hurricanes can be particularly catastrophic. All of these weather conditions have the potential to leave thousands without power. In addition, more than any other factor, the weather affects the demand for power, in turn driving prices.
Schneider Electric’s complete suite of weather solutions for electric utilities can help you better anticipate potential weather-related outages and improve load forecasting decisions.
We deliver highly accurate weather forecasts to help:
- Improve grid stability through better load and generation forecasting
- Anticipate potential weather-related outages accurately, reduce service interruptions, and enhance crew scheduling.
- Power your load forecasting engine with the industry’s independently top-rated temperature forecasts.
- Customize weather alerts easily keep you on top of changing conditions for your chosen locations.
- Leverage around-the-clock online consultations with our professional meteorologists to get answers to your weather questions within minutes.
- Be more proactive with critical weather information and alerts via your computer, tablet, or smart phone.
Make confident, informed decisions faster with exclusive, online consultations with our professional meteorologists available at all times.
Improve load forecasting decisions with the industry's independently-rated most accurate temperature forecasts for the last eight consecutive years.
Pre-position crews and better anticipate issues with patented, customizable weather alerts for your service territory, via email or mobile device.
Support smarter mutual assistance decisions using our Energy Event Index’s one-to-five rated, color-coded weather risk forecasts that easily anticipate threats days in advance.
Streamline key decisions across your enterprise with a weather Web services API that integrates highly accurate observations and forecasts for visualization and analysis in your own applications.