Enhanced security + four more benefits of integrated wireless solutions
Increasing patient numbers and security risks, including patient elopement, wandering, and infant abduction, can complicate the important work hospitals undertake every day.
To amplify campus safety, healthcare facilities are turning to integrated wireless solutions such as radio frequency identification (RFID) and real-time location systems (RTLS). As a result, they are reaping four key rewards:
- Enhanced quality of care
- Reduced financial waste
- High patient satisfaction
- Easier access to real-time operational data.
Integrated RFID/RTLS solutions can improve visitor management, right-size medical inventory, protect against theft, and boost employee efficiency and usage. When integrated into a healthcare facility’s security, energy, building, and power applications, flexible RFID/RTLS technologies can help:
- Streamline operations in locating assets, and simplify matching of equipment, patients, and staff with planned procedures
- Improve asset tracking and monitoring for equipment utilization, inventory management, and loss prevention
- Enable staff to quickly locate rented equipment and reduce late return fees
- Provide immediate access to patient, caretaker, visitor, and staff location in case of an adverse event
- Reduce time spent searching for medical equipment and assets to improve employee efficiency and patient satisfaction
Most importantly, medical and operational staff, patients, and visitors can achieve peace of mind knowing that the facility is safe.