• Customers in South Australia may experience a loss of power supply due to network outages – and remain without power until the faults are pinpointed and an alternative supply is provided.
• This affects residential buildings as well as critical facilities and major customers, such as hospitals, universities, shopping centers, factories, airports, etc.
• Finding a fault can take much longer in rural areas due to lack of SCADA coverage and long distances over a huge network area.
• Faults on overhead power lines may even cause bushfires, so they must be localized, disconnected, and isolated as quickly as possible.
• Another challenge is public safety, as a large proportion of South Australia’s network uses overhead conductors.
Reliability and Connectivity with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics & Services : EcoStruxure™ ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)
Edge Control: Decentralized feeder automation systems
Connected Products: RM6 Medium voltage switchgear, MiCOM compact and modular substation and bay controller
• Schneider Electric has provided SAPN with a complete solution including our industry-leading EcoStruxure™ ADMS, medium voltage switchgear and decentralized feeder automation systems.